I spend so much time at my computer working. Some days I may not even leave my apartment or really leave my couch. As a small business owner, it's pretty easy to get sucked into too much work, until I feel drained, lackadaisical & uninspired. No matter my deadlines, a key part of my business it making the effort to get out of the studio. Here are five of my favorite ways to get beyond the walls of my abode.
1. Go for a walk: Whether it’s a walk in the woods, a nearby park, or bustling city streets, going for a walk is a great way to recharge, be inspired & find a clear mind (& get in some extra steps).
2. Volunteer: Giving your time & talents to an organization you care about is a great way to give back to the community. It gives opportunities to make connections, support a worthy cause, gain new skills, & get some major warm fuzzies.
3. Travel: Mark Twain asserted that travel is fatal to prejudice & narrow-mindedness & I couldn't agree more. Travel—near & far— helps me better understand & love others & also inspires me to from seeing the world through a different lens.
4. Attend a local event: Go to a concert. Gather a team for trivia night. Get your networking on at an industry hour. Local events offer opportunities to connect with others in town & have fun that isn't overtly about work. I love joining friends for
5. Schedule a work date: Sometimes work must go on, but meeting up with a fellow creative is a great way to get a change of scenery, stay motivated & swap ideas, while still getting work done.
What are some of your favorite ways to get out of your studio or office?